BANDING MACHINES FOR PERMANENT MAGNET ROTORS
Automatic banding machines for permanent magnet rotors. Banding is a value-added process for solutions involving magnets on the rotor surface or rotors with magnets inserted in laminated stacks designed to operate at high speeds. Rotor banding is a cost-effective, high-performance, and flexible solution for containing magnets, counteracting centrifugal forces during motor operation. Rimac is the international market leader for permanent magnet rotor banding machines.
- Customizable rotor support and rotation system tailored to customer needs.
- Automatic tape tension control system with closed-loop adjustment.
- Possibility to reach a maximum tape tension of 2200 N, maintainable over time.
- Electric drives for banding carriage translation and rotor rotation, combined with advanced control software, able to ensure the achievement of a constant and repetitive banding pitch, for an accurate overlap management.
- Tape heating system to pre-heat or polymerize the tape. This system is integrated into the machine, with open-loop and closed-loop temperature control systems.
- Compatibility with pre-impregnated fiberglass tapes and carbon fiber tapes, as well as post-impregnated tapes.
- Possibility to integrate additional systems for a fully automated process, from tape fixing to tape cutting at the end of the banding cycle.
- Possibility to set and store a work program for each specific rotor reference.
- Possibility to display on the HMI a graph visually summarizing the banding results obtained for each rotor.
- Integrated remote assistance module: Rimac technicians can remotely connect to the machine and initiate a remote assistance session in real time.
- Possibility to install one or two banding heads, to apply different tapes during the same work cycle.
- Possibility to integrate laser heating systems for in-site polymerization with thermoplastic carbon fiber tapes.
- Visualization of banding results obtained on each rotor and creation of work reports containing actual parameter values that can influence the quality of the final product.
Via Doberdò 39 – 21046 Malnate (VA) – Italy | Ph: +39 0332 429963 | Fax: +39 0332 424639 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org