Bar taping machines
Robotic taping machines, for the application of insulation tape on half-coils and bars of all types and shapes, including, for example, bars for hydro generators and stator bars of turbo generators.
- Fully automatic bar taping process.
- Anthropomorphic robot capable of following any bar and half-coil shape/profile; 8-axis interpolated electrical control system allowing free movement in space.
- Automatic bar profile self-teach in devices to easily create new work programs dedicated to new bar models.
- Possibility to use one or two tape rolls simultaneously to speed up the process.
- Ability to tape with one or two spools of tape simultaneously to speed up the process
- Electronic tape tensioning system to keep the taping tension constant and to have a controlled, operator-defined tension variation based on the position of the taping head along different areas of the bar or half-coil.
- Automatic tape rolls orientation system to change tape application angle on the bar or half-coil at any time during the process.
- Electronic sensors to verify tape presence, measure tape roll diameter, and monitor reel rotation.
- Automatic system for tape roll angle reversal at the end of the bar.
- Machines able to perfectly and automatically tape the entire bar.
- Compatibility with various insulating tapes and different process tapes, such as VPI mica tapes, Resin Rich mica tapes, Kapton tapes, fiberglass tapes (protective tapes), and sacrificial tapes.
- Taping speed up to 300 rpm.
- Taping accuracy up to 0.1 mm and 100% results repeatability.
- Customizable machine configuration to meet specific needs.
- Maximum flexibility with automatically interchangeable taping heads to expand the size range of bars that can be processed.
- Ability to have hybrid, highly flexible machines capable of taping coils, half coils, hydro generator bars and even stator bars of turbo generators, thanks to the automatic taping head changing device and the flexibility of the anthropomorphic robot.
- Integrated remote assistance module: Rimac technicians can remotely connect to the machine and initiate a real-time remote assistance session. By accessing the control panel and PLC and then checking the operation of the machine, the Rimac technician can intervene directly and fix the problem or provide timely guidance. The module can be connected via Ethernet connection, Wi-Fi or GSM card.